The Early Childhood Research Special Interest Group of the Children’s Research Network is organising this special reflective masterclass for all practitioners involved in early childhood education and care, with the aim of supporting you to enhance your professional agency, voice and identity.
We are in an era of accountability in all aspects of practice: political, legislative, social, administrative, professional, ethical and moral. Professionally we are invaluable to the parents/guardians of our youngest members of society. A key attribute to our professionalism is that parents trust our evidence-informed practice.
Firstly, the masterclass provides a collaborative opportunity to reflect upon and review our collective identity, exploring our cultures of learning, practice experiences, reciprocal relationships and mutual commitments to quality early experiences in education and care.
Secondly, this masterclass recognizes that as a professional you express yourself as a unique individual with a personal philosophy that guides you in knowledge, skills and competencies.
The workshop will be facilitated by two great speakers:
- Dr Geraldine French, Programme Chair of the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education and a specialist in early childhood education, Dublin City University
- Dr Fionnuala Tynan, lecturer in the area of inclusive educational methodologies in the Department of Reflective Pedagogy and Early Childhood at Mary Immaculate College (MIC).
- CRN Members: FREE!
- Non-CRN Members: €15*
*Become a member for just €30/~£28 per year (Part-time employed: €25/~£23; Student / Unwaged: €15/~£13), per year and attend this and other events for free, and enjoy a greatly reduced rate to our our annual conference
Order of the day:
11:00 Welcome address by Chair (Acting) of CRN Early Childhood Research Group, Dr Carol-Ann O'Siorain
Part 1: Connecting
- 11:15-12:00 Geraldine French: Collective Professional Identity
- 12:00-12.30 Collaborative group task
- 12:30-13:00 Feedback with identified actions for practice
13:00-14:00 Lunch – A space to meet and relate to each other
Part 2: Our Professional Selves
- 14:00-15:00 Fionnuala Tynan: Constructing your Professional Identity. Build in moments of personal reflection and generate a tiny, attainable, tickable target (TATT) to improve self-advocacy and practice
15:00 Close and Home