This resource section provides links to a variety of web resources of interest to researchers, policymakers, and practitioners working on issues related to children and families.
This list will be updated over time to include links to:
- Research centres working on child related issues in Ireland and Northern Ireland, as well as internationally
- Professional organizations
- Government, organisational and related policy organisations
- International organisations for children
- International networks and consortia on children’s research
- Funding sources for conducting research on children and families
- External training resources
- 'What works' databases
- Publically available data sources.
This list is exhaustive and will reflect the interests of Network members.
International Childhood Research Network
International Society for Child Indicators (ISCI)
Children’s Research Network in Wales
European Network of National Observatories on Childhood: ChildONEurope
European Network of Experts in Youth Research
European Network on Early Childhood Interventions
Institute for New Economic Thinking: Early Childhood Intervention Working Group
Marie Curie International Network for Early Childhood Health Development
No website yet.
European Children’s Network
Northern Childhood Research Network (NCRN)
NZ Early Childhood Research Network
Child Watch International Research Network
Children’s Medicine Research Network.
WHO Youth Friendly Health Policies and Services Network
More general networks
Social Research Association (SRA)
American Evaluation Association
NIVEL, the Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research
WISH network in Scotland (Wellbeing in Sexual Health)
European Observatory on Healthcare Systems and Policies
Psychological Society of Ireland
CISM Network Ireland (cross-border body is primarily aimed at supporting the emergency services (including research, training, advocacy and knowledge transfer)
Institute of Community Health Nurses, the voice of Public Health Nurses in Ireland